1. On the day of your arrival your cottage is available from 4 p.m. On the day of departure all cottages are to be vacated by 10 a.m. All accommodation is booked Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday; short breaks are Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday.
2. A deposit is payable at the time of booking of 25% of your total cottage hire cost. Once the booking has been confirmed and confirmation issued the deposit will form a binding contract between the client and Wheatacre Hall Barns (Owners). Deposits are non-refundable unless the owners are unable to accept the booking. Good Housekeeping Security Deposits are required on Group Bookings.
3. Full balance is due 8 weeks (56 days) before the day of arrival. If this is not paid the owners have the right to cancel the holiday and the deposit will be lost (No reminders sent).
4. All cancellations by the client must be in writing. For holidays cancelled by the client, the client will be liable for the total cost of the holiday to the owners. If we are able to re-let the accommodation, all monies less the deposit, expenses, costs and losses incurred by the owners due to the owners will be refunded.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND OUR HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE TO AVOID ANY LOSSES.
5. The accommodation must not be sub-let and the numbers on the booking form must not be exceeded. Holding parties, BBQs or any type of function whereby extra people are invited unto the property is not allowed.
6. The owners or their representative shall be allowed access to the accommodation at any reasonable time for maintenance or inspection.
7. The client is responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in a clean condition. Any equipment or furniture if moved must be returned to its original position. The client will be held responsible for the loss or breakage of any fittings, utensils, crockery or cutlery. Please report any loss or breakages. Damage to property; Normal wear and tear will not be charged. Where an outside contractor is required to repair damage, a charge will be made. Charges will be passed on to you directly.
8. The owners accepts no responsibility for any injury, sickness, loss, additional expenses, or inconvenience, directly or indirectly caused by or arising from the use of the properties or access. We do all that we can to ensure that the accommodation is kept to a very high standard; we hope that you will help us to keep it that way.
9. Please remember you are staying on a working farm and hygiene is very important. Please ensure you regularly wash your hands. Younger children and those with certain types of disability may need extra help or supervision.
10. No Dogs to be left unattended in a property at any time. We also ask that dogs are supervised at all times on a lead whilst out walking as we do have animals on site, and that our grounds are kept clean.
We require a Good Housekeeping Security Deposit with group bookings of 2 or more properties
A security deposit of £150 per property is required with the final balance of your holiday and will be returned within 7 days at the end of your stay unless:
Some of the contents of the property are found to be missing
The Hirer is not permitted to move any furniture or equipment without prior consent from the Owner. In the event of such permission being granted, it is the Hirer’s responsibility to return the same to its original position before checkout. Under no circumstances must any furniture or unsuitable equipment for use inside the property be moved outside.
Damage has been caused to the property or its contents
The accommodation is left dirty, untidy, or in an unfit state on departure day
There has been disruptive, abusive or unacceptable behaviour in or outside the premises
Smoking has occurred inside the property.
- In which the instance(s) the Owner will return all or part of the Housekeeping Security deposit as appropriate at their sole discretion.
Our properties have a policy whereby the facilities are available ONLY to the guests who are booked and paid for.Holding parties, BBQs and any type of function whereby extra people are invited into the property is not allowed and by doing this may cancel your booking and forfeit your security deposit.If you intend to invite day guests, you must receive prior agreement from the Owner. . Please advise the office if you have booked any outside services i.e. catering, so we aware of any other persons on site who are not staying with us. If using outside caterers please ensure extra crockery, glasses etc is hired from them if more than one property is involved